|Travel with Kids|
There is never a dull moment when you vacation with a two-year-old. And there are always such wonderfully fun lessons to be learned, as well. For instance, we allocated the first day of our family vacation to the zoo. God allocated that same day to watering his plants. OK, so it was not quite rain. I mean, it was hardly worth the embarrassment of losing another fruitless struggle with that rusty old umbrella.
But it was more than just a mist. Bit by bit, it overtook me. My sneakers cried out "Squish! Squish! Squish!" as I walked and something around my toes was definitely fermenting. Miss Princess (aka our toddler) was on Cloud Nine. This was finally her chance to take out her brand new umbrella. Her umbrella was her newest, most favorite toy that her way-too-picky father would not let her play with in the house. But today, she could play with it all day in the rainy mist or misty rain or whatever the big people want to call it.
Vacation Adventure Lesson #1
Find the silver lining. And if you can't, get yourself an umbrella.
I doubted whether either my pregnant wife or Little Lady could handle the stairs, but they both wanted to try. (Seventh Heaven might be an umbrella, but a toddler's first six heavens apparently involve climbing anything in sight and a mountain was just as good as anything else, I suppose.)
- Pregnancy Weight Gain
- Dads with Postpartum Depression
- Ready to be Parents?
- Sleep and Ferber Demystified
- What to Feed Your Kids
- Serving your Baby Solid Foods
- Easy Recipes for Health
- Manly to Daddy
- Sleep: Baby and Parents
- Quality Time with Your Kids
- Managing Work and Fatherhood
- DINK to Dad
- How to Bond with Your Baby
- Child Custody Rights for Fathers
- Child Support - The Ins and Outs
- Family Vacations
- Life as a Single Dad
- Stay-at-Home Dad
- Wall Street to Sesame Street
- Top 10 Baby Girls Names 2010
- Top 10 Baby Boy Names 2010
- Postnatal Recovery
- Play An Active Role During Pregnancy
- Five Steps to Potty Safety
- Child Visitation: How to Make the Most of Your Time with Your Kids
- Funky Stork Membership
- The Funky Stork: New and Improved!
- Pregnancy & Postpartum Depression Expert