|Stay-at-Home Dad - Page 1|
While many of todays fathers dont have the same schedule I do, Im encouraged by the growing trend of dads hanging out at the park around 3:30. Still, many workplaces expect their employees, especially dads, to prioritize the job in all situations. One corporate accountant told me he sneaks out a back exit to pick up his child from school. Another friend took time off to care for his sons while his wife was out of town on business. Upon returning to work, his boss joked, We must not be keeping you busy enough if you have time to go play with the kids.
Fathers have an uphill battle to alter work stereotypes and expectations. But, I believe its worth the struggle, even if all isnt perfect when you make the changes. I still find myself drifting to the computer, while the kids run around, to check work e-mail. Sometimes I fail to return work messages while Im at Piano Play class. Its kind of a mess.
But its a messy lifestyle that fits my peculiar personality and allows me to be there for Benjamin whens his tummys upset and for Jacob when hes looking for a parent to hug at 2pm on a Thursday. For now, Ill live with the mess. Ill have plenty of time to clean up when theyre in college.
Thefunkystork.com is a pregnancy resource and parenting guide for expectant fathers and new dads. It provides only general information designed for educational purposes, and does not offer pregnancy or pediatric advice. You should always consult a physician about concerns you have with your pregnancy or your child's health.
- Pregnancy Weight Gain
- Dads with Postpartum Depression
- Ready to be Parents?
- Sleep and Ferber Demystified
- What to Feed Your Kids
- Serving your Baby Solid Foods
- Easy Recipes for Health
- Manly to Daddy
- Sleep: Baby and Parents
- Quality Time with Your Kids
- Managing Work and Fatherhood
- DINK to Dad
- How to Bond with Your Baby
- Child Custody Rights for Fathers
- Child Support - The Ins and Outs
- Family Vacations
- Life as a Single Dad
- Stay-at-Home Dad
- Wall Street to Sesame Street
- Top 10 Baby Girls Names 2010
- Top 10 Baby Boy Names 2010
- Postnatal Recovery
- Play An Active Role During Pregnancy
- Five Steps to Potty Safety
- Child Visitation: How to Make the Most of Your Time with Your Kids
- Funky Stork Membership
- The Funky Stork: New and Improved!
- Pregnancy & Postpartum Depression Expert